Undertaking catering and cleaning duties for breakfast, lunch, supper and functions in the Monastery, college and other associated areas. Performing duties in the most cost-effective and efficient way, demonstrating all due care to safer practice for children and for all relevant Health and Safety legislation. Satisfy all criteria and checks relating to suitability to work in a school environment.
• Working as part of the Food & Events team providing an efficient and effective service to a broad range of customers, understanding their needs and working to meet these wherever possible. Demonstrating excellent levels of customer service
• Setting up serveries, dining rooms and associated areas for service
• Undertaking food service to students, community and guests, in a polite and helpful manner
• Maintaining cleanliness of all areas
• Washing up including use of mechanical dishwasher and manual washing
• Preparing for, and assisting at, special functions
• Assisting in Tea Room as required
• Undertaking simple food preparation
• Presenting Ampleforth in a positive light, assisting in the retention and growth of all business areas
• Assisting colleagues in the delivery of a first class service with due regard for legal, financial and time constraints
• Attending training sessions as required
• Undertake any reasonable requests made by managers and commensurate to the role
The Ampleforth Abbey Trust, St Laurence Education Trust and its Schools are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and will ensure that all recruitment and selection practices and procedures reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks
Deadline: Friday 31st August
Please click HERE for more information and to apply.