Digital Support – The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles
The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles is an Educational Charity and the national organisation for people involved in patchwork and quilting. The Guild is based in York in an office which also houses The Guild’s collection of over 800 historic and contemporary quilts and related items.
The role will support the provision of digital (online and video) content production for The Quilters’ Guild and subsidiary, Festival of Quilts Ltd. This is a varied role in which a postholder may be required to create content independently or edit content created through regional activity.
This is an exciting time to join our small staff team of 11 people. We have a new website under development and COVID 19 has highlighted the need to take our activities online. This role is to provide the necessary support to enable staff and volunteers to capitalise on the benefits of a digital presence.
• Digital content creation, editing and production, e.g. complete video editing tasks to produce finished video products for online delivery.
• Advise and facilitate the recording or live-streaming of video content for conferences and educational videos for online delivery (not essential – this may include travelling to homes or other venues to record/stream content).
• Upload videos to YouTube and The Quilters’ Guild website.
• Develop small animations.
• Develop podcasts.
• Understand virtual technology and provide guidance and advice to the leadership and staff team on digital matters.
• Update The Quilters’ Guild and related websites.
• Assist in creating and distributing a digital newsletter.
Current communication methods are mainly remote via Teams and Zoom. Laptop/software and equipment can be provided where required. Access to our offices in York will be required.
This is a part-time role at apx £10 per hour for up to 25 hours per week. Working days/times to be discussed at interview.
The post-holder is responsible to the Brand Manager.
PERSON SPECIFICATION / SKILLS REQUIRED
Proficient in the production of high-quality video output (including recording, editing, live-streaming, graphics and titles E Knowledge of Adobe packages E An eye for visual design E Willing to work and assist others, regardless of status, role, race and culture E A team player, able to encourage and work collaboratively with volunteers and paid staff E Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to different work pressures and deadlines E Graphic design skills to assist with designing merchandise/printed material D