Heslington Pre-School has been running for over 50 years and is a charity run,
committee led pre-school linked to Lord Deramore’s Primary School in Heslington,
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join an experienced team
as a Pre-School Supervisor. The post-holder will be required to support the running
of Pre-School sessions and assist with the Early Starters Group for children aged 2
½ – 3 years of age.
We are looking for someone who has: –
● At least one years’ experience of working with children aged 0-5 years of age
and a level 2 qualification in Childcare.
● Understanding of the current Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
● Experience of delivering a high-quality learning environment through good
interaction and planned activities based on observations.
● Experience of setting up a wide range of activities for all areas of learning to
support the developmental needs of pre-school children.
● Good understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health and Safety,
Risk Assessment, Food Safety and Confidentiality.
● Flexibility to provide cover on a sessional basis in the absence of Pre-School
● Provide cover for the baby and toddler group for children aged 0 – 4 years of
age in event of sickness or absence.
● Good level of English in both verbal and written communication.
This position is initially on a 15 hour contract covering Monday, Tuesday and Friday
during school term time for a 12 month maternity cover contract. The level of pay for
this post is £7.83 – £8.50 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience),
subject to review.
An enhanced DBS and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to
commencement of employment.
For questions, and to request an application form and job description, please email
Ruth Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is
Friday 8th of March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a morning session on either 21st or
22nd of March, prior to interviews on 26th or 28th March 2019.