Lay Chair – York and District Maternity Voices Partnership
The York and District Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) has an exciting opportunity available and is looking to recruit a lay Chair. This Maternity Voices Partnership covers the geographical area of York, Selby, Pocklington and up to Easingwold, Helmsley and Pickering.
We are a group of women and their families, commissioners and professionals from local maternity services who are working together to review and contribute to the development of local maternity care.
This forum provides a mechanism for collecting ongoing and real-time feedback and aims to develop and improve maternity services with women and their families at the centre.
It provides local parents a voice about maternity care so that we can help women and their families enjoy their pregnancy journey and make sure their experience of maternity care is of high quality and personal.
The lay chair role will involve some networking with MVP colleagues within the Local Maternity System (LMS) and ensuring that the voices of women and families local to York and District are shared. Whilst there will be some flexibility, the key deliverables of the role will be to support the MVP to seek women and families’ views on the progression towards the priorities of Better Births and ensuring local opinion is shared with the Humber, Coast and Vale Local Maternity System.
We are looking for a Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) chair who is:
· passionate about helping to develop and improve the experience of maternity services for women and their families
· keen to engage families and seldom heard groups to inform maternity services development
· a good communicator
· organised and willing and able to work flexibly
· able to chair regular meetings
· Main point of contact
· Attendance at formal meetings
· Ensuring we hear the voice of women and their families
· Recruitment and support of service user reps
· Networking with other MVPs
· MVP Representation (this part of the role will be shared with the Vice Chair)
Hours: Two days per month to be remunerated at the Patient and Public Voice (PPV) rate of £150/day, totaling £300 honorarium per month.
There is also the opportunity to recruit two chairs for this post who would work closely together. Each would conduct one day per month at rate of £150/day, totaling £150 per month.
To apply please provide an expression of interest, stating why you would like to take on the role and your key skills and qualities to email@example.com by Sunday 4 October 2020.