Poppleton under Fives runs an active pre-school, rated good by Ofsted, with over 25 children aged between 2 and 5 years in a lovely village just outside York. We also run stay and play sessions for children from 0 to 5 years old and their parents and carers.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Deputy Manager to join our small friendly team in delivering safe, high quality education and care for our children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Applicants must have:
1. Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
2. Level 3 early year’s education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
3. Previous experience of working with young children.
4. Sound knowledge of child development from birth to five years.
5. Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
6. Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
7. Good communication skills.
8. An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development.
9. A commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding.
10. A commitment to equal opportunities.
11. A commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
12. A friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
13. Current First Aid at Work qualification is desirable
Current hours: Term time only up to a maximum of 22 hours and 45 minutes per week. We are prepared to consider applicants who wish to work less than the maximum amount of hours available.
Salary: Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Closing date: 10 July 2018
Contact: Alex Johnson 07917 038684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Methodist School Rooms, The Green, Upper Poppleton, YO26 6DD
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.