Have you had a chaotic Christmas?…….. Hoping for a peaceful and relaxing 2018?
I am a Relax Kids Coach and am very excited to be bringing Relax Kids to York.
I have 25 years experience working with children, young people and families and am also a mum of 2 children.
Relax Kids classes can help aid relaxation, manage emotions and anxiety, develop social skills , increase attention skills and boost confidence
Top 5 Tips- Relax Kids in the home
Relax Kids ethos can be easily adapted into the home with children aged 3 and above, teenagers and adults with the following top 5 tips
1. Sleep. This is a big issue in so many households! Try relaxation CD or reading a visualization with calming music before bed.
2. Anxiety, Anger, Stress, Low Mood – All overwhelming emotions and feelings… breathing exercises can aid calmness.
3. Stretching – yoga poses are great for promoting inner peace, power as well as balance
4. Self Nuture– sometimes with the stresses and demands of the day it is hard to give your self and others some time back. A self or peer massage can promote empathy and respect for others and self worth for your self.
5. Low Self esteem is at an all time low within children and young people due to todays society
and its pressures. Positive affirmations (giving praise to others and self) is so important.
There are lots of further ideas and a free download on relaxkids.com
The Relax Kids Sessions are based on movement, activities, yoga based stretches, peer/self massage, breathing exercises, positive affirmations and visualizations.
Sessions are adapted for various ages;
Little Stars (3-4years)
Magical Adventures (Primary age)
Chill Skills (Teenagers)
Just Relax (parents/adults).
I also can offer 1-1/family sessions.
Little Stars (3-4 years)
Wednesdays 2.40-3.10 Clements Hall
Thursdays. 9.30-10.00 All Saints Hall, Upper Poppleton
Taster Tuesday Sessions – Hob Moor Childrens Centre
9.30-10.00 (mingle time after to chat with other parents and ask me any questions)
6th and 13th February and 13th and 20th March
Magical Adventures (Primary Age)
-Wednesdays 3.25-4.25 Clements Hall, Nunthorpe Road
-Fridays 4.00-5.00 All Saints Hall, Upper Poppleton
Chill Skills – (teens)
Wednesdays 4.30-5.20 Clements Hall
*More sessions to be booked in April for parents, mums to be and mums and babies 0- 6months.
I am currently looking at other times/venues so please contact me to register interest so I can add you to the waiting list.
Please contact me on;
Looking forward to meeting some of you soon and wishing you all a peaceful and relaxing 2018