👸 🤴 Everyone loves a good wedding right? Do you have your own wannabe Prince or Princess? It’s the perfect day for crafts, quizzing, picnics and imaginative play!
💒 When and Where?
The wedding of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle will take place at midday on Saturday 19th May 2018 at St Georges Chapel at Windsor Castle. They will then embark on a carriage procession through Windsor.
👸 🤴 Many places are running special events to view the wedding and celebrate including:
– Storehouse Street Party
– Vale of York Academy – Royal Wedding Community Celebration
– Royal Wedding Street Party on Woodthorpe Green
– York Marriott Hotel – Royal Wedding Picnic Party
– Royal Wedding Garden Party at Carlton Towers (Near Goole)
📅 See the Mumbler Events Calendar for more information about these events and more.
❓ How well do you know the Royal couple?
❓ Take our True or False Quiz! (answers at the end of the blog!)
1) Meghan’s real name is Rachel
2) The couple got engaged in September 2017
3) Meghan used to work as a professional calligrapher
4) Meghan has 2 dogs named Bogart and Guy
5) Harry is older than Meghan
6) Harry supports Chelsea Football Team
7) Meghan was born and raised in Los Angeles, California
8) Meghan was the most googled actress of 2016
9) Harry is fifth in line to the throne
10) Meghan has previously been married
✂️Crafty Royal Wedding Themed Activities
🎨 Get Designing!
🍰 What will the cake look like? Have a go at some cake decorating, either on paper or get the icing out!
🍰 Apparently, the wedding cake will feature Lemon and Elderflower Flavours. Sainsburys are already on it! Here is their Lemon and Elderflower drizzle cake recipe.
👰 What will Meghan’s dress be like?
Have a bit of fun with some toilet roll and make your own wedding dresses! (Usually a hen party game – but why not?!)
✉️ Make a Congratulations card and pop it in the post, you may be lucky and receive a reply! Post can be sent to:
🎈 There will likely be plenty of union jack flags being waved on the day, why not make your own? Or some union jack bunting? Here’s a template to get you started.
🍰 No wedding is complete without the food!! Why not get dressed up in your posh frocks and enjoy a spot of afternoon tea! The Lemon & Elderflower Cake mentioned earlier will go just nicely with some little sandwiches.
👑 Make your very own Crown
Get those left over party plates out from the back of the cupboard and use pens, paints, stickers etc to make them beautiful. Here’s our attempt:
📷 We’d love to see some photos in the York Mumbler chat group if you do attempt any of the activities above!
👨👩👧👦 Whatever you choose to do, we hope you enjoy celebrating this happy occasion with your family and the local community.
1)True – it’s Rachel Meghan Markel 2) False – it was November 2017 3) True 4) True 5) False – Meghan is 3 years older than Harry 6) False – he supports Arsenal 7) True 8) True 9) False – he’s now sixth In line since the birth of Louis 10) True – divorced in 2013