York Archaeological Trust own and manage the award winning JORVIK Viking Centre, Barley Hall, ‘DIG’ an Archaeological Adventure, and our Henry VII and Richard III experiences.
We are seeking enthusiastic and engaging staff to join our experienced team. We have a number of fixed term contracts which will end on the 3rd November 2019, with the potential for extension.
There are 6 roles:
1. Visitor Operations Host Admissions & Reservations at JORVIK: This role will ensure the smooth running of the admissions area, as well as the processing of sales and bookings and dealing with enquiries.
2. Ambassador at JORVIK: This role will be responsible for providing information about our attractions to our customers waiting in the queue, and will also encourage merchandise sales.
3. Visitor Operations Hosts Interactives at JORVIK: This role will engage the public, including school visitors, in History and Archaeology whilst in Viking costume. (Training will be provided).
4. Visitor Operations Host Retail at JORVIK: This role will ensure sales targets of merchandise are met or exceeded and the shop and displays are presented to the highest standards.
5. Visitor Operations Host at DIG: This role will engage the public, including school visitors, in History and Archaeology. (Training will be provided). The role will also include admissions and retail duties and encourage merchandise sales.
6. Visitor Operations Host at Barley Hall, our Henry Vll and Richard lll experiences: The role will ensure the smooth running of the admissions area and the processing of sales. The role will also ensure displays are presented to the highest standard and sales targets are met.
Personal Skills required: All roles require exceptional customer care and communication skills, along with a positive attitude and a friendly manner. You will also need to be extremely reliable.
Experience: A background in similar customer facing roles is desirable.
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter specifying which role or roles you would like to apply for, and email it directly to Natalie Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 6th January 2019. Interviews to be held week on the 16th and 17th January 2019
Hours: Variable hours, with minimum 2 day a week commitment and some weekend work required.
The rate of pay for all roles is £8.50 per hour.
The York Archaeological Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
Data we gather during your application will be retained and processed in accordance with data protection rules. More details can be found in our Applicants Privacy statement available on the York Archaeological Trust website.
York Archaeological Trust is a registered charity in England & Wales (no. 509060) and Scotland (sco42846)