York Mumbler is growing at such a rate that I now need your help!
We have big plans for 2018 including bringing a lot of the healthcare & youth services information to York Mumbler but this is a huge piece of work. It’s essential that we keep everything on the website bang up to date, as well as creating new areas and reporting on the best of York events and activities for families – so we can help as many parents in York as possible.
We are therefore looking for a number of volunteers who love York Mumbler and want to be a part of helping it fulfil it’s potential.
We have opportunities for a range of skills and a variety of time commitments from one-off jobs to a more regular (5-10 hours per week) commitments. These will all start from January 2018.
Currently we have the following volunteer roles (these could be individual roles or a combination of a few)
- Researcher – we are creating new areas of the website and need to ensure that we have captured all the information available – this will be mainly computer based research but will also involve calling relevant people / organisations and making lists of the information ready to be included in the website. (expenses will be covered)
- Facebook Admins – directing people to the relevant areas of the website for their question / enquiry
- Competition Co-ordinator – to organise, plan out and execute the York Mumbler competitions for 2018.
- Guest Blog Writers – this includes reviewing local attractions, restaurants or shops etc for Mumbler as well as other useful and interesting blogs for the parents of York.
- Marketing – to plan and execute a plan which will publicise the York Mumbler website to all parents in York in 2018.
- Customer Service / Sales – to respond to promotion related enquiries and give a tailored response to maximise return on investment for our advertisers.
- Jobs for Parents – to publicise the incoming Jobs on the website & FB page as well as seek new opportunities to get part time / flexible / parent friendly roles on York Mumbler Jobs page.
All roles will be entirely flexible – working from home around the needs of your family.
To apply to be part of the York Mumbler Family just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to volunteer for York Mumbler?
- Which of the role(s) are you interested in?
- How would your boss (past or present) describe you in no more than 10 words?
- How many hours per week would you ideally like to volunteer for?
Closing date for applications is 24th December, I’ll be contacting all applicants in the new year.
Thanks and I’m looking forward to hearing from you!