Returning to work after having children can be a daunting prospect however there are jobs that can fit around the needs of your family.
“Jobs for Parents” are family-friendly positions that may be part-time, flexi-time, term-time, temporary contracts or even working from home.
If you have a vacancy to fill and would like to advertise the role on York Mumbler then please contact us here.
We are looking for 3 complete beginners to test our new knitting kit ‘The Hooty’. You will receive everything you need to knit a very cute newborn hat, including gorgeous soft baby yarn, knitting needles, our instructions, the Hooty pattern and a darning needle. You will have two weeks from receiving your kit to complete the hat and return the evaluation form.
When we receive your feedback and a picture of your hat we will reward your efforts with a lovely afternoon tea for 1 voucher at Cakes D’Licious.
If you are new to knitting, have the time and fancy having a go please get in touch with us at [email protected]
During this session, you will be asked to play with your child over a series of play tasks, for example, reading books together and building a Lego tower. The tasks have been designed to be fun for you and your child as well as being informative for us. Your child will also complete a brief test of their understanding of different words and ideas.
All the information about participants in this study will be kept confidential and data will be anonymous and stored securely.
Travel costs will be covered and children will receive a toy for taking part.
If you have any more questions or if you would like to participate in the research, please email Tiffany at [email protected]
For further information, please download our Information sheet
We are currently partnering with a small but very active practice in York with an unrivaled commitment to their clients, which range from large corporates to sole traders, partnerships and start-ups. Acting as both Accountant and Business Advisor they have been able to quickly carve a niche in the local market by providing a tailored approach to each client enabling them to meet exceed their business goals.
Due to rapid expansion, we are looking to hire a proactive, collaborative and client-orientated individual to join this highly regarded business to launch and develop a Bookkeeping service.
Working with a team of Accountants, your responsibilities will include:
– Day to day bookkeeping for clients using a variety of systems
– Preparation of VAT returns and EC reports
– Preparation of bank reconciliations
– Process month end journals
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a hard-working family environment that focuses on doing what is right for the client, and as the right candidate you are personable, ready to learn and are committed to providing high levels of customer service and are able to visit the clients on site from time to time. You have a minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience, have a strong understanding of general VAT rules and are capable of managing own workflow and clients.
Competitive salary, flexible work benefits, free parking and a great work environment are on offer to the right person.
To apply for the role, or for more details, contact Simon Gregory on 01423 594 843 or [email protected]
Do you Love To Eat? Have you ever dreamed about running your own business? Well we might just have the answer for you. Love To Eat cafe and outside catering business based on the outskirts of York, is on the market for sale. We are looking for that special person who is able take on this fantastic growing business and make it their own.
There are 3 different levels at which you can buy the business, making it an accessible business opportunity for everyone.
If you feel you would be the right person and you are ready to run your own business and enjoy all the benefits of working for yourself, then I would love to hear from you.
For more information please check out our website www.lovetoeat.co.uk/forsale
Alternatively please email me [email protected]
What makes this Mini Kit special?
* It contains full size products
* A great selection of products ideal for Summer – a Summer Skincare routine with the Wild Rose Beauty Balm as a cleanser, the white tea facial mist to tone, with the eye gel treat (the white tea being a great allergies (hayfever) remedy & a fab cooling product for those hot days/holidays), then followed by the light daily moisturiser in our rehydrating rose range. On top of the daily routine, a weekly white tea enriching facial mask suitable for all skin types, a lavender essential oil as a “travel” must-have & of course the family favourite Bee Lovely range with the hand wash & hand cream – great for Summer Hand treats….
* Have fun running your own business & earning extra money for those Summer holidays, or extra days out with the children
* Share the products with friends and family & of course learn more about them yourself (with free training opportunities)
* Ideal start-up for anyone looking to integrate NYR Organic award-winning products into a therapy/wellbeing business – join with the £45 starter kit & then tailor the other items you would like to get started with through your 25% Consultant basic discount purchases.
* Receive rewards & bonuses
* Work hours that suit you/your family
* Earn straight away
* Free replicated website
* Be part of a team, make new friends, meet new people
* Access to Marketing materials
* Perhaps introduce a friend to enjoy working the Summer months!
* Ideal for students as a Summer business to get stuck into, to earn & learn about business (always useful for a CV!)
* Useful for those with children starting school in the Autumn to start getting set-up for a flexible working opportunity
* For anyone who loves Organic or loves Neal’s Yard as a brand why not join the blue bottle family to just learn more about what you love…
For more information or to register online please follow the link below or contact me at 07784 053 8503, or email me: [email protected]
Closing date 8th June inclusive (midnight)
York Babylab is currently looking for:
•9-12 month old babies
The studies are fun and rewarding, and you will be paid for your time. You will be with your child throughout.
If you or anybody you know might be interested in taking part, or if you would like to know more, then please get in touch with us at the Babylab, and we’ll send you some more details.
‘My little boy and I had a lovely visit to the baby lab, the staff were so friendly. There was free parking and I was only needed for about 20 minutes and as a thank you we were paid for our time and Ted even received a little T-Shirt- highly recommend ‘
KH June 2017
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01904 323 619
Opportunity for 9- to 12-year-old children to take part in real science!!
Researchers at York St John University are conducting a study investigating the link between children’s reading behaviours and their understanding of the social world.
Children will take part in a range of fun activities for approximately an hour.
Children receive a £5 voucher as a thank-you, and any travel costs are reimbursed.
If your child is interested in taking part, please email [email protected] for more information
We are looking for a Volunteer Youth Support Worker to Volunteer in our OpenAccess Youth Sessions (8-17yrs). The main purpose of the role is to assist the Youth Workers in the development of a programme of activities and service for the Young People attending sessions. The role involves working directly with the Young People to encourage personal and social development and takes into account the needs and aspirations of the Young People.
What we are looking for:
Commitment (minimum of 60 hours / 1 session a week for 20 weeks)
Ability to work in a team and on own initiativeAbility to work in a fast paced environment
Willingness to learn and develop skills
Open Access Youth Session Hours: Monday- 5-8
Due to the nature of the role we ask that you are able to commit to a minimum of 60 hours volunteering, this is broken down into one session a week for 20weeks.
Positions will only be offered on completion and receipt of an Enhanced DBS that covers Child and Adult workforce.
For an application form please contact Ashley on:
Tel: 01904 623177
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively you can download an application form via our website: http://www.door84.co.uk/getinvolve/volunteering/
Little Bugs Childcare within the Web Adventure Park is looking to recruit full time Nursery Nurse Practitioners.
We are looking for a fully qualified nursery nurse who has achieved Level 3 in childcare to work in our Reggio nursery on a full time basis. Little Bugs is a 90 place nursery which is based within The Web Adventure Park.
The main role of the position is to provide a high standard of care for the children in our setting. To implement daily routine for the children, plan activities to aid the children’s development and their individual needs. You will be required to assess the children’s development and build a positive partnership with the parents.
You will need to be flexible regarding working hours. The nursery is open Monday to Friday 52 weeks of the year, closing Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day only.
DBS checks will be taken up and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £7.20 /hour
Nursery Nurse Practitioner: 2 years
Contact our nursery manager Jane on 01904 692221 or email [email protected] to apply.