From going out to staying in, entertaining the children or completely avoiding it – we’ve got you covered!
💜 💚 Fancy doing something different? 💜 💚
Here are six ideas for going out in York other than a traditional candlelit meal:
1. Everyman Cinema – Valentine’s Day Moulin Rouge Night
Enjoy a romantic evening at the cinema at this special themed night showing Moulin Rouge.
When: Thursday 14th February 2019
Price: Tickets are £30 per person and include the film, French-inspired hot food (including vegetarian & vegan options), prosecco and a sweet treat to take home.
More information: See the Everyman website
2. City Cruises York – Valentines Special
Enjoy a romantic cruise through York and see the city from a different perspective.
When: Regular departure times on 14th, 16th and 17th February 2019.
Price: Tickets are £24 per person and include 45-minute sightseeing cruise, a glass of prosecco each and a bag of chocolates to share.
More information: See the City Cruises website
3. Bettys – delicious gifts or afternoon tea
Who doesn’t love Betty’s? A beautiful range of gifts are available (including the With Love chocolate selection). Or why not spoil yourselves with Afternoon Tea.
More information: See Bettys website
4. The Grand York – an indulgent Spa Package
Want to spoil a loved one, but can’t escape too far? Then a spa package in the centre of York is the perfect Valentine’s treat.
When: Call or email to book
Price: £220 per couple for the Couples Spa Package which includes back massage, ESPA facial, full use of spa facilities
More information: See the Grand York website
5. York Cocoa House – a chocolate masterclass
For chocolate lovers, this introduction to making chocolates is a unique gift experience.
When: Generally the class run on Saturdays
Price: From £28 per person for a masterclass workshop voucher
More information: See the York Cocoa House website
6. Bish Bash Pot – Valentines Special
An evening planned for ladies & gents to paint on Valentines Night.You can throw a pot Demi and Patrick style or paint your own pot! A night out with something to show for it.
Lovely for mums and dads who never get the chance normally.
When: 7-9:30pm Valentines Night
More Information: See the Bish Bash Pot Website (Booking required)
💜 💚 For the Valentine’s traditionalists… 💜 💚
If you want a romantic meal for two, here are the top 5 most romantic restaurants according to Trip Advisor in York:
1. The Park Restaurant, St Peter’s Grove York
Offering an 8-course tasting menu for Valentine’s Day
2. Meltons, Scarcroft Road, York
Fine dining restaurant serving modern British food
3. Delrio’s Restaurant, Blossom Street, York
Enjoy candlelit dining in the romantic cellar restaurant
4. Countess of York, Railway Museum, York
Enjoy luxury afternoon tea from the comfort of a beautifully restored rail carriage
5. Le Cochon Aveugle, Walmgate, York
A small restaurant in the heart of York serving a contemporary European tasting menu.
💜 💚 A meal out without breaking the bank? 💜 💚
Here’s a round of the best Valentine’s menus we could find in York:
Banyan – 3 courses £25 per person including a Pornstar Martini. Upgrade to bottomless Prosecco & Coors for £20 pp
Bills Restaurant – 2 courses £16.95, 3 courses £19.95 per person
Cosy Club – 3 courses £26.50 per person
Cut & Chase – arrival cocktail, 3 courses including sharing plates of starters & desserts £40 per person
Dean Court Hotel – 3 courses £35 per person including welcome prosecco & canapes
The Dormouse – 3 courses £21.50 per person
Hotel du Vin – glass of champagne & 3 courses £99 for two
Prezzo – 2 course £16.95, 3 courses £19.95 per person
💜 💚 A quiet romantic night in? 💜 💚
If you want a romantic dinner for two, but don’t want to cook, there are lots of supermarket meal deals available:
- Good old M&S has a Dine In menu which includes a choice of starter, main, side, dessert, bottle of prosecco or wine and a box of chocolates for just £20.
- Tesco is also selling a meal for two for £20 which includes starter, any two mains, side, dessert and a bottle of fizz of chocolates
- Sainsbury’s has two meal deal packages from just £15.75 which includes a bottle of fizz, two rump steaks, a side of chips and some asparagus.
- You’ll get a lot for your money at Morrisons, with their three-course meal deal with a bottle of wine for only £15.
💜 💚 Staying in with the kids? 💜 💚
No chance of a babysitter and getting a night out. Check out our brilliant post crammed full of fun Valentine’s themed ideas to do with your kids and have a love filled day!
💜 💚And finally… Valentine’s Day avoidance? 💜 💚
Well, admittedly there isn’t much hope of avoiding romantic couples if you head into York unless you go to Flares! Flares are having a ‘Valentine’s Free Zone’ and a ‘good old cheesy party’.
More information: See Flares website
If that’s not for you, then perhaps go out the following weekend – it will probably be much quieter in town & there will be a bit less smooching! 😘
💜 💚Whatever you plan to do, Happy Valentine’s Day from York Mumbler 💜 💚